If you are anything like me you can’t wait until passwords are replaced with biometric authentication.
Geek Phrase of the Day:
Biometric authentication is the verification of a user’s identity by means of a physical trait or behavioral characteristic that can’t easily be changed.
However until that day we need to rely on our own “grey matter” to remember the dozens of username/password combinations. Thus the reason for this little tip.
You can reset your ColdFusion Administrator password by following these easy steps (works for ColdFusion 6 MX, ColdFusion 7 MX, and ColdFusion 8):
- Stop the “ColdFusion MX Application Server” Service.
- Open the “neo-security.xml” file contained in [your cf install root]\lib.
- Find the line: “<var name=’admin.security.enabled’><boolean value=’true’/></var>”, change the true to false, and then save the file.
- Restart the “ColdFusion MX Application Server” Service.
- Go into the ColdFusion Administrator again and set a new password.
Remembering Passwords Rule Number 5: If it takes you longer than 60 seconds to think of a password you probably won’t remember it.
Remembering Passwords Rule Number6: Don’t. Get RoboForm. It remembers the passwords for you and you can place it on a USB drive to carry it with you – no matter where you go.
now what’s that Italian word for see ya … 🙂